Monday, June 30, 2014

Talk-Time Summer '14

 We had Talk-Time for the four Thursdays in June at lunch time in the Food Court at the Student Union.  We enjoyed talking with students in very small groups - sometimes one-on-one, but never more than two or three.  The topics were Hobbies, Travel, Food, and Happiness, picked by a student leader. Every week I picked several verses related to the subjects so students could learn what the Bible has to say about the subjects.  

I really enjoyed finding verses about the subject of Happiness.  1 Thessalonians 5:16 and Philippians 4:4-7 talk about rejoicing always, not being anxious and being thankful.  1 Peter 1:3-7 talks about what we rejoice in when we are facing trials of various kinds...  And Romans 5:1-11 talks about our hope because of God's love for us...


Talk Time
June 26th Thursday 2014

Topic: Happiness
First, please introduce yourself!!
Questions:
1.     What makes you feel happy? (Ex. I am happy when I read books. Etc…)
2.     What makes you feel unhappy? (Ex. I am unhappy because I lost my favorite wristwatch. Etc…)
3.     What was the happiest time in your life in the U.S. or in your entire life?
4.     What affects your levels of happiness?
5.     What do you think is the color for happiness?

Idiom: “Miss the boat” (Try to make a sentence!)




Little City International Student Fellowship  www.internationalreno.org

No comments: